You got your chance almost a week ago, but now it's my turn to wax sentimental. How do I put into words the past 9 years? What an amazing journey it's been; sometimes the way was smoothly paved, other times it felt as though we'd never progress past the potholes. You've taught me a lot, more so than I think you realize, by your example.
I've grown to love you more through the years, especially as I watch the dad you've become. I love that you paint our girls toenails, and play Candyland. I know it takes patience, but the memories you're building are invaluable. You're truly an amazing father.
I love how you are with me. I love that you make me laugh, even now. I love that you give me foot rubs even though you hate it. I love that you wear the turtleneck just because I like it. I love that you are so supportive of my writing, that you encourage and enable it. Sometimes I'm amazed that we have the life we do, the happiness we have, and the family we want. It's rarely been easy, but it's been so worth it.
Thank you for being the man you are. Thank you for being willing to compromise, to learn, to change, to sacrifice, to stand firm. Thank you for loving me.
Ree
No comments:
Post a Comment