The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Big 3-Oh

Tomorrow Teag turns 30. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little bit pleased that his birthday is before mine, so he can be the first one to reach this landmark age. The age when you must leave all youthful pursuits behind to focus on being "an adult".

Despite the fact that Teag and I have been married for over 11 years, I have seen very few pictures of Teag as a child. This is due (in part) to the fact that his sister has been laboring for years to scan, date, and label all the family pictures and albums. As such, I never knew until very recently what Teag looked like as a baby, when his sister emailed us a few pics.
Isn't he cute? And the green shag carpeting really sets off his eyes :). As he grew up, he began to look more and more Teag like, until he was unmistakably himself.
Teag will most likely be embarrassed that I'm putting these on the blog, but since I was kept in the dark so long, I have to share what I've seen with the world!  I mean, check out this sweet Cosby sweater!
In all seriousness, it's been a lot of fun to see how Teag's aged over the years, and to get a few glimpses into his past. And despite all my teasing, he's very lucky not to have gone through an extremely awkward phase like his wife did. He always looks like cute, little Teag.
Happy thirtieth, Bird. I love you more than words can say, and I look forward to spending the next thirty-plus with you.

No comments: