They also gave him a monster antibiotic in shot form, for three days in a row. It was looking promising, but alas, ten days later, his ears looked terrible again. After that, they decided to call in the big guns, and we were referred to an ENT, who immediately scheduled him to get tubes in his ears a mere two days later. They didn't want to make him wait any longer, and I was very grateful for that. So yesterday morning, Finny and I checked into Primary's bright and early. I worried he'd be grumpy at both the early hour, and the fact that I couldn't feed him, but he was in good spirits.
![]() |
| In the waiting room |
Again, he was really happy, and easygoing. He was charming all the nurses and doctors with his waves, and smiles. A short while later, I spoke with both the doctor and the anesthesiologist, and then it was time for us to walk to the operating room doors. This was hard, as I had to hand my sweet boy off to a total stranger, and pray that they would take good care of him. A tympanostomy is such a quick procedure that I was only in the waiting room for about fifteen minutes before the doctor showed up. He said the procedure had gone very well, but that Finn's ears were very infected, more so than is typical when placing tubes. The poor kid has obviously been in a lot of pain these past few months, but he's been a trooper. I was escorted back to recovery where I saw one of the nurses holding a crying Finn. After she passed him off to me, he settled down, and chugged a small bottle of glucose water.
It didn't take him long to get back to his typical, playful self, and they only had to monitor him for a few minutes to make sure his stats were okay.
He was such a good boy, and he seems like he's recovering well from the procedure. He honestly seems happier too, more energetic for a longer period than I've seen for awhile. I pray that this will be the miracle he needs to finally get well and stay that way. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers on Finn's behalf!





No comments:
Post a Comment