I've had several instructors, but the one I go to the most these days is with my friend Natalie. She has been a Zumba instructor for something like five years. The more I attend, the more I become a bit of a diehard. A few weeks ago, Natalie told me about a Zumbathon charity even with an actual Zes, Lindsey Taylor.
It was two hours straight of high-intensity dancing, complete with loud music, yelling, and incredible energy. In short, it was a blast. Here are a couple of not great pictures of me dancing.
Natalie and I had such a great time, I was riding on a high for the rest of the night.
I slept for the next three days though, I think. A few weeks later, Natalie herself was hosting another charity Zumbathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Not many pictures from that, but I did get one of us afterwards when we're all red-faced and sweaty, but very happy.I blog about all of this for two reasons. Firstly, this has been something that has become a fairly regular part of my life, and I want to have documentation of that. And secondly, I want my kids to see me doing these things, remember me being healthy and happy and active. I'm grateful that my body allows me to do these things, and that I've found something I enjoy to help me stay fit.



No comments:
Post a Comment