The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring is a Time For Shearing: Part II

My girls aren't ones for doing much with their hair. Danyn experiments with pony tails and braids, and what not, but they don't spend a bunch of time primping in front of the mirror, and when we ask them to brush it, we often get sighs and dirty looks. As such, I suggested that they consider donating their unused locks to one of the various charities that collects hair to use for wigs for children who've lost theirs to disease. At first, only Maisie was on board, as Danyn wanted to keep her hair long. All the girls were going to get a trim at the very least though. I took them to my friend and stylist Sonia, who turned Maisie's hair from this:
Into this:
Maisie looks adorable, and was very pleased with the result. On the way to the salon, Danyn had a last minute change of heart, and decided to chop her locks as well.
As you can see, this is a pretty significant change for the both of them.
Maisie's hair was longer, so we were able to get more usable hair from her, but Danyn still got enough to donate as well.

I'm proud of the girls for being brave and making this sacrifice. I hope it's something they remember for a long time.

While his hair wasn't long enough to donate to anyone, Finny was getting mighty shaggy. Teag took him to get his first "real" haircut, and boy want a difference it made.
Suddenly my boy was no longer a baby. As handsome as he looked, there was a large part of me that just wanted it back the way he was. I still don't think I'm all the way over it.

Hurray for Spring!

No comments: