Sara was kind enough to work out a time with her brother that we could, as the women of the Rogers family, go down to St. George to have some time away together. We left around noon on a Friday, and made the trek down there. It happened to be the day that Pitch Perfect 2 was released, so we almost had no choice but to watch it, right?
The theater was packed, and I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard in a movie. It was great fun. The next day, we got moving fairly early in order to beat the heat for a hike around Snow Canyon.
I suggested hiking around the petrified dunes, because they're pretty cool to wander, but it turns out that Katie and Meg don't enjoy hiking unless there's a specific path to follow. No ambling allowed.
I figured out how to use the self timer on my phone camera, and because of that, we were able to get several good pictures, albeit with a few mishaps.
But we figured it out.
I think is my favorite one from the hike.
As you can see, it was mostly overcast, so the temperature couldn't have been more ideal for hiking. I'm still not at my best, so I was frustrated to find myself more tired than I would have expected, given how mild the hike was in general. It didn't help that I hadn't slept at all the night before, due to some new medicine my doctor had given me. Once we were home, we quickly showered and dressed up to go to the St. George Temple, where we were all able to participate in some initiatory work. The temple was beautiful, both inside and out.
After that, the other four went shopping while I tried (unsuccessfully) to have a nap (stupid medicine!). Then they swung by to pick me up, and we went to dinner at a place none of us have ever tried, and whose name I honestly can't remember. It didn't wow me, but the company was great. Before we went back to the condo, we stopped at a place called Swig, that has dirty drinks and amazing sugar cookies. We were all delighted to find a drink called the "Big Al", and I forced Katie and Meg to take a picture with me for my dad's sake.
We finished off the evening by staying up late and watching some girly movies at the condo. The next morning we ate breakfast, packed up, and played a game of Philly before it was time to head home. It was a fun trip, and a great getaway, I'm glad we made it happen. Thanks Ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment