After printing off a list of witches you're supposed to find, we packed up the girls and headed out. We've taken Maisie to see the witches before, but we've never looked for specific ones. This proved a lot more difficult as we tried to maneuver our stroller around the throngs of people, hoping to distract Maisie from all the treats and toys being displayed in the front of different shops. The girls seemed to have a really good time though, and Maisie especially got the gist of hunting up the different witches on her list.
One of her favorites was the Hula-Hooping Witch:
But she also loved the witch in the rowboat, and the witch riding the flying bicycle too. She even got a hug from a Red Hat Society Witch:
Dany seemed more interested in playing with the hay than anything else. She was fascinated with both that and the plethora of pumpkins to be found everywhere you looked.
And this picture has nothing to do with the Witch Hunt whatsoever, it was just so cute I had to share it with everyone:
Other than the traffic nightmare trying to get out of the parking lot, we all had a good time, and enjoyed the cool atmosphere and decorations. I would recommend the Witch Hunt to anyone looking for a fun family activity, but I'd also recommend picking a day with a few less people in attendance.
3 comments:
What time were you there? We were there around lunchtime. It hadn't even occured to us that it was UEA. But we had fun, anyway, despite the millions. Pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies from Naborhood Bakery = Spectacular!
(Side note: Did you hear about Mr. Webb? He passed away last week of cancer. Sad!)
It wouldn't surprise me if everyone that leaves a comment on your blog says, "Hey, we were there that day too!"
Amen on the crowded, but it was still fun. They did a GREAT job decorating, the witches were so cool.
Cute pics! Your girls are getting so big. I don't know if I've told you, but I'm coming to SLC in February. I can't wait to see ya'll!
Post a Comment