The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Final Countdown

Well, we've got less than a week until Mini-Reets arrives. She'll be born no later than the 20th. And because of that fact, we are in a mad scramble to finish up this bathroom.

My dad spent several days here tiling in the tub-splash, and boy does it look fantastic!
Then Teag and I crammed ourselves and an A-frame ladder into that tiny space in order to lay down our first coat of paint. Now let me give you a little background here. We had labored over finding the right color tile that not only was within our price range, but also had a trim to go with it. Not any easy feat. We ended up getting a little creative, and "matching" tile in order to make something work, figuring that with the myriad paint colors available to us, we'd have no trouble finding something that went with it. Like I said before, the tile looks absolutely fantastic. The paint, however, does not. We hadn't even finished the first coat before both of us were voicing major reservations. An incredibly frustrating thing, I might add, considering not only our lack of time to finish this project, but also how many paint samples we considered before settling on this one.
It's probably hard to tell in this picture, but Teag refers to it as "Mylanta Green". I just call it a waste of money.

Later today, our brother-in-law Kris showed up to help Teag tile the floor. He spent more hours working on it than I think he'd planned to, but had a great attitude the whole time, and was a really big help.
And here's what the floor looks like, pre-grout:
Pretty sexy if you ask me. So a big hearty thank you to our two tile guys, for all the help they've given us in getting it done. The tile was definitely a major project, and once we've repainted (argh!), we'll be ready to start installing stuff, which means we're going to be able to actually use this space as a bathroom in just a short while! That first sound of running water will be sweet music to my ears...

1 comment:

Wright's said...

Good luck with your new baby. I hope the bathroom is done before she comes. I've had construction going on at our house with both of my last babies. Not fun. Everything looks great.