One of those big changes was Maisie starting Kindergarten!
That's right, our oldest is now in school all day, and that has been a much bigger change than we anticipated. It's weird not having her around. And then when she gets home, I feel like we never have enough time together before it's already time for bed. Teag and I found ourselves hoping she would be okay, and make friends, and wondering if she would be able to open her applesauce by herself, or get her straw poked into her Capri Sun. All typical parental jitters. And of course, she did just fine.
Last week, Teag took the two older girls to a carnival at Maisie's school. Apparently the shark slide, and the sno-cones were quite a hit :)
Maisie has been a very good big sister to Rory as well. She and Dany have been very excited to have her in our family, and take turns holding her often.
Dany is almost fully potty-trained, an event for which I can't express my gratitude enough. We really didn't want to have to start buying diapers for two kids. No pictures of this exciting development though. You can thank me later.
Rory is growing big, and changing daily. The little turkey likes to keep us on our toes, and has yet to settle into much of a schedule. She makes up for it by being so dang cute though.
She's been a lot of fun, and she's the cuddliest little thing. So far her favorite things are eating and sleeping, often at the same time. She's still ambivalent about her baths.
It's been a very busy several weeks, certainly, but also exciting as well. We're thankful to have our new little girl, and that she and her sisters are all doing well. Teag and I would be thrilled to have a full nights sleep though. I'm not holding my breath...
2 comments:
She really is adorable! Doesn't the time go by so fast?! Our baby is already 3 and a half months! Your girls are so cute and I hope that things keep going well. I am sure life is really hectic right now. It is a big adjustment going to three kids and also having your oldest in school all day. Hang in there!
OH, I feel your pain. Sleep. The one thing new parents need, but can't have. She really is a cutie!!
Post a Comment