Maisie decided to give herself a haircut yesterday. Ironically, this haircut took place while she was grounded for some other not-so-stellar behavior. Apparently she thought her bangs were too long, and thought she would cut them herself with her blunt tipped, child-proof scissors. Child-proof. Right.
You wouldn't believe how much hair was on the floor, and how widely it was scattered. It looked like the scene of a massacre. As the night wore on, we kept discovering more places on her head where she'd lopped off a chunk. If you look in the first picture, you can see a rather sizable section of bangs missing. No possible way to hide that!
I called my friend Sonia, and begged her for help. After giving me some suggestions on how to fix it, I quickly realized I didn't have the tools or the know-how to pull it off, and she graciously offered to let me bring Maisie to her in-house salon. She eyed the damage, and managed to pull of this:
Still pretty jagged on the one side, and like I said, there was no hiding the missing section of bangs, but she worked wonders with what she was given. Some of the shortest pieces were up near the top of her ear! Maisie was quite excited about her new haircut, but not so much about having her scissors taken away until the end of time, and having to earn back the cost of the haircut.
All kids do this, I know. I cut my own bangs once, and right before picture day even. I know it's a rite of passage. I'm also sure I'll laugh about it later.
Once it's all grown out.
1 comment:
He He He! I know I shouldn't laugh because I know I will probably have my turn someday and then you can laugh at me. But right now I think it is pretty funny!
Post a Comment