I thought I'd take a second, as the New Year approaches, to look back over 2009 and list the best things of this past year. So, in no particular order, here is my Top 10 of 2009:
1. Rory's birth
2. Teag and I celebrating our 10th anniversary
3. Maisie starting kindergarten
4. Mine & Teag's trip to Denver
5. Uncle Matey's Wedding
6. Enjoying all the fresh produce from our garden, and others'
7. New bathroom
8. Bayly family camp out
9. Free vacations for Teag's work
10. Birthdays/holidays
And here are the Top Things That Weren't So Great This Year:
1. Dany being hospitalized in February with MPV
2. Maisie getting hit by a car
3. Me getting into a car accident while 8 months pregnant
4. Trying to get the bathroom finished before my due date
5. Teag having to be gone for a week three days after Rory was born
6. Missing out on most camping trips with family
7. Teag not getting to fly the airplane he trained for
8. Dany being hospitalized with RSV the day after Christmas
*UPDATE
9. Rory being hospitalized with RSV on New Year's Eve
Based on my assessment, the good outweighs the bad, though admittedly we made way more trips to the emergency room than any healthy family should have to in a given year. And that right there tops the Things I'd like to avoid in 2010 list.
No comments:
Post a Comment