The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Baker-Ree

That's the name of my little bread-making business.  It began with my mom suggesting I put out to friends and family that I was selling fresh breads and see what sort of response I might get.  I think the same day I sent out the email, I got a response back from a friend of mine whose husband is the set designer for Hale Center Theatre.  They were about to start their production of Fiddler on the Roof and they needed "actual" bread rather than fake bread so that they could break it during one scene.  So now my bread is famous. It performs nightly, and three times on Saturday. :)

As for the rest of my bread making, it got off to a bit of a slow start but has been picking up these last two weeks, courtesy of my brother Kevin, who created a whole order form, complete with appetizing descriptions, to pass around to his co-workers.  Turns out people in ski shops have pretty hearty appetites!  I do all my baking on Tuesdays, and this was the result of this past Tuesday:

Wheat, white, cinnamon, cinnamon raisin, banana, and even a half-dozen cinnamon rolls for good measure.  My house smelled amazingly good that day!

I've actually really enjoyed my little enterprise, and hope to keep getting business enough to warrant the effort.  There's something very satisfying about creating food from scratch, something that others will enjoy, and even be willing to pay for!

4 comments:

CHRISTENSEN said...

I had no idea you were so talented! Good work! I hope business continues to grow! Maybe someday I will actually get to taste your yummy bread...

Unknown said...

We'll take one order of gluten free banana bread, please. :)

The Bayly's said...

Is there a recipe for that? Or do you just have to substitute the flour?

Jen and Brent said...

Amazing Kerri! WOW! They all look so yummy! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!!