I have several hours of block time in a Piper Seminole that needs to be used before the first part of May. The weather was gorgeous on St. Patrick's Day, so Dany and I headed over to Vernal for a quick afternoon Dino trip. Mom packed us a delicious lunch that we ate on the way. After just under an hour, we were touching down on runway 34 in Vernal, Utah.
We borrowed a courtesy car and found the dinosaur museum a short drive away, just off the main drag in town. I didn't tell Dany where we were going in case the courtesy car was unavailable, or some other issue prevented us from actually making it to the museum. She was instantly excited, however, when she saw the life-sized statues in front of the building. I thought she might be a little scared, but instead dove right in and looked at all the exhibits. Here she is excavating some fossils...
Her favorite part was walking around the dinosaur garden outside the museum, with all the huge statues.
After having our dino fill, we found a city park and rode the merry-go-round and slides for a few minutes. Soon it was back to the airport for a quick hop back home before dinner. Dany begged to fly the airplane on the way home, so under the careful watch of her flight instructor dad, she took the yoke. She loved to gently rock the wings back and forth with the ailerons. I took a video of her flying with a huge grin on her face, but I guess blogger removed their video posting option. Too bad, it's pretty cute.
Anyway, we had a great trip and were partially acting as a scouting party to see if a repeat excursion with the rest of the family was feasible. It was a great time, so we'll certainly return with all the other girls. Thanks for spending the afternoon with me, Dany!
No comments:
Post a Comment