Lots of little goings on in our house these past few weeks. First of all, Teag decided to brain himself with a power drill at work the other day. The result? Five stitches:
He didn't see fit to inform me of it until he'd already left the doctors office either. I swear.
Two days later, Maisie had her Kindergarten program. They sang songs, and had a fashion show where the kids could wear anything they wanted. Maisie's been talking a lot lately about owning her own restaurant, so I suggested she dress up like a chef, and I wrote out a cute description for her teacher to read while she walked the "catwalk". After watching 75 kids walk out wearing regular clothes, or pretty dresses, everyone seemed to be relieved when people like Maisie walked out wearing something out of the ordinary.
The pic is blurry, but we had to take the picture on the move, and our camera isn't great. Still, you get the idea. She got lots of applause, and smiles from the audience.
A few days after school was out, Maisie lost her first ever tooth. It was quite a traumatic experience, but she was finally brave enough to let me pull it out. That, and the fact that Grandma and Aunt Meg had sweetened the pot with $7 if she did it.
Hmm, maybe Maisie isn't a chicken after all... maybe she's smarter than we know...
Rory has really started to become a little person these days. She feeds herself cereal and other small food, and eats almost everything we eat. She loves real-people food!
She's also become a real fan of the baby in the mirror. She'll sit and talk to that baby all the time, and gets very excited to see her.
All that work of growing and learning is very tiring business. I walked in to check on her a few days ago and found her completely asleep on the floor, still clutching her bottle.
And just the last few days she's really started to crawl. As soon as I get a good picture or video of that, I'll get it posted as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment