The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Stuff

Last Saturday was Teag's Lagoon day for work, after being rescheduled from two weeks ago when there was rain, hail, and 50 knot winds. Yes, we were much happier to be cruising the park in sunshine and mid 80's, in a classic Ford, nonetheless.We started out the day taking in all the kiddie rides, to warm them up.


But it didn't take too long for Dany to get bored with them. That kid had a thirst for adventure! In fact, she got quite upset whenever she was too short to ride something, even if it went high, fast, or even upside down.Maisie, on the other hand, wanted to take it a little slower, though I had to give her points for being willing to try Colossus ("I HATE Colossus!").

After we spent a few hours with them, we dropped them off and Teag and I went back for some of the Big Kid rides. We highly recommend both Wicked and the Samurai, though I think we waited in lines for twice as long as we had with our kids earlier. I don't know if I agree with Lagoon's slogan, about it being "What Fun Is", but it was fun enough for our little family :)

A few days later, we whipped out the inflatable pool we'd purchased earlier in the summer, to give our kids a fun way to cool off in this heat. For the older two, the pool was an instant success:




Rory, on the other hand, started screaming the second her toes hit the water, and preferred to watch from a safe distance.

I think this is definitely her preferred form of water fun:

No comments: