The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas To All

I figured I best try and get Christmas posted before it was a new year, so here is our 2010 Christmas. The older girls got into the Christmas spirit early, recreating the nativity in their bedroom.
Unfortunately you can't see the "Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh" lined up on the other end of the manger. They had all angles covered :) Christmas Eve rolled around, and thankfully everyone was mostly healthy this year. We spent a good part of the day with Teag's family, and when nighttime arrived, we got ready for the evening's festivities. All our girls had matching PJ's courtesy of Aunt Sara, who made all the girls nightgowns.
Next we headed to the Rogers for the traditional cinnamon rolls and story. I love this picture of my niece Caitlyn.
Trust me, the cinnamon rolls really are that good. And here's a pic of all the grandkids together, no mean feat with a couple of the babies constantly trying to bail.
Around that time, our camera started to get all funky, and apparently started melting people's faces off.
Merry Christmas or Happy Halloween? Thankfully my parents had a spare they lent us, so we could capture all the fun on Christmas morning.

Maisie was very pleased with her Glow Dome, movie, books, and Harry Potter action figures.
Dany loved her Barbie, RC Car, and light up Etch-A-Sketch.
Rory was a lot of fun this year, once she figured out how to unwrap her gifts.
And it's cute that she even got excited about clothes.
Teag was well pleased with several pilot books, and an electric shaver.
I think I got the biggest shock, however, when my sneaky husband managed to surprise me with a Wii, complete with a game I'd been talking about for awhile.
The girls had a really great time playing with all their gifts, and we had a nice, laid back Christmas day. The next day, Teag and I spent something like 8 hours playing Wii, to the point where we had to stop because the repetitive motion was killing our arms.

What a wonderful time of year; a chance to spend quality time with family, serve those in our community, and to remember the Savior and his birth. Hope you all had a spectacular Christmas, and Happy New Year from the Bayly's!

No comments: