Ree did a great job of spoiling me on my 30th birthday this year, so I had to think big for hers. Part of my compensation package is the use of my boss' airplane on occasion, and, coupled with all of my hotel points from traveling all of last month, a surprise trip was the answer. I thought of many locales, but finally decided on a show in Las Vegas.
One of the most fun parts about the trip was that I managed to keep it a secret from Ree until just a few days before we left. She knew we were going somewhere, but no details. It was fun to keep her in the dark. I cursed myself when I accidentally let slip where we were going almost a week before, though. Silly absent mindedness!
Tris and Kris were kind enough to watch our kids, so we flew into Tooele to drop them off. With the girls in good hands, we made the 1:40 hop down to sunny, warm, North Las Vegas Airport. First stop was Serendipity 3 in front of Caesar's Palace. Ree had fond memories of their frozen hot chocolate in New York, so it was a must-do. Special thanks to our friend Alissa for the heads up on its existence in Vegas. I can now appreciate Kerri's fondness for this much-cherished beverage. What we could've done without, however, was the 45 minute wait when we were eating lunch at 3PM and were starving to death.
| Mmm... Frozen hot chocolate goodness |
| One of the many fountains at Caesar's |
I asked our friend, and Hale Center Theater resident set designer, Kacey, what the best show in Vegas is. He's seen everything and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong. He recommended Le Reve, at The Wynn and he certainly didn't disappoint with his recommendation.
| Waiting for the show to start |
We finished the night away from the crowds and smoke-filled casinos by having a delicious dinner at PF Chang's, followed by a dip in the hotel hot tub. Ree needed to soak her bones after all of the walking up and down the strip earlier that afternoon.
The next morning, we headed to Circus Circus for some good clean family fun. We watched their free circus acts and both wished we'd seen them before Le Reve, as they were sadly pathetic by comparison. All was not lost, however, as we had fun playing some carnival games. Kerri's real triumph was her stunning skill at Skeeball, winning 3 stuffed animals for her girls back home. The guy handing out prizes kept shaking his head and handing them over to her.
| Undisputed Feather-Weight Skeeball Champion of Las Vegas |
| Maisie tries her hand at flying the 421 |
| Passengers safely strapped in |
No comments:
Post a Comment