 |
| St Louis Cemetery #1 |
Last weekend I flew my boss down to New Orleans so he could attend Jazz Fest. It was a great opportunity to see a cool new city. The tickets to Jazz Fest were prohibitively expensive for me, so I didn't attend. Who needs to pay for great music, when you can just walk down to the French Quarter and listen for free? Yes, they really do play in the middle of the street. I only wish my camera recorded more than 30 sec of video at a time. These guys were the best I saw the whole time I was there:
The French Quarter was very cool architecturally and culturally. It's hard to capture on film, but here are some poor attempts:
 |
| St. Louis Cathedral/Jackson Square |
 |
| St Louis Cemetery #1 |
A word to the wise, Bourbon Street, even during the day has quite a few, um, "gentlemen clubs" with advertising that is not suitable for children, myself included. Yikes! Other than that nonsense, the rest of the Quarter was cool. I also visited the French Market and had beignets at Cafe Du Monde, saw the River Walk shops along the Mississippi River, and checked out the National WWII Museum.
The only bummer of the trip was that there was shellfish everywhere and on/in everything. I had a hard time finding things that I could eat. Everyone talks about the great food, but I mostly felt robbed. Stupid allergies!
No comments:
Post a Comment