The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Witch, A Princess, and a Girl From Oz

No, it's not the beginning of a bad joke, it's what my kids were for Halloween :). Maisie has been into Harry Potter for months, and once she found out her cousin Henry was going to be Harry, Hermione was the only thing she wanted to be.
I splurged on the time turner. I couldn't help myself. Dany is still very much into princesses, and loves any dress she can twirl in, so this year she was Snow White.
And Rory was completely enamored of her sparkly shoes as Dorothy. She never wanted to take them off.
We got the two oldest dressed and ready for school, and watched them parade around with their classes that morning. All the pictures we got were blurry, so I'm not including them. That night, we got them all ready to go out around the neighborhood.
After visiting the Great-Grandma's, we walked over to Grandma Roger's where we met up with the rest of the cousins.
I think this was something like the tenth picture out of twenty; just trying to get one where they're all looking. And here are the two kids from Hogwarts, taking a break from fighting against the Dark Lord.
Is it wrong that I'm just a little bit jealous of their outfits? Every year Grandma Roger's goes way out for Halloween dinner, and this year, she outdid herself. The kids got to eat Mummy Dogs, Spider Jello, and Monster Apples, with bloody-finger cookies for dessert. The kids get so excited to see what Grandma comes up with every year. Here's a video with Maisie showing off her meal, but it's sideways and the sound is bad.
After dinner, it was off to prowl the neighborhood. By the time the kids got home that night their bags were stuffed, and they were giddy from sugar, but they had a great holiday. Happy Halloween!

No comments: