For the first time this year, all the kids in the Rogers family participated in a Nativity. Grandma and Grandpa were sneaky about it; they'd rehearsed it all at the grand-kid sleepover a week earlier, so the parents had no idea. Christmas Eve we were treated to a very sweet and earnest retelling of the birth of the Savior, baby included :).
| Mary & Joseph and Baby |
| Three sheep (although our kid wouldn't wear her hat) |
| The angel proclaiming "good tidings of great joy" |
| The three kings bringing their gifts |
And I finally got Rory to put her sheep hat on.
Christmas morning our kids slept til eight, which was pretty sweet given my habits as a child. I used to wake my parents up the exact time they had given me the night before. Our kids aren't early risers though, not even on Christmas. Once Rory opened one present, it was pretty hard to convince her to keep going. All she wanted to do was play with that gift, especially if it was Dora-related.
Dany was very excited to get both paints and a scooter, both of which she'd asked Santa for.
And I have to give Maisie some real credit. Rather than complaining when her pile of presents looked pretty small, she was excited for whatever she was given, and then majorly excited when we brought her new bike out!
Teag got a lot of airplane books, one of his most favorite presents. I love how excited Rory is for his present in this picture.
My pile of presents was also rather small this year, due to my special project. Unfortunately it hit some snags, and wasn't ready by Christmas morning. But Santa had one very hardworking extra elf this year, and you've got to see how amazing this looks, even unfinished.
Teag worked his little heart out in freezing temperatures in our garage to try and make this happen by Christmas, but those same freezing temperatures caused problems with the paint, making it run and drip really bad. But I'll have you know he designed this from scratch! He drew up the plans, cut, sawed, and put together everything, based on a very rough sketch I gave him of what I wanted. I'm so excited to have it done and in our house, thus eliminating forever the dreaded "shoe pile".
Our family had a very Merry Christmas this year, and Teag and I especially feel immensely blessed. Our lives have changed in many ways, and more than that our perspectives have altered to help us understand just how much we have to be grateful for. We wish you all great happiness in the coming year, and pray that you may all be well, wherever you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment