The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Eight is Great

As mentioned in the previous post, Maisie turned eight this year. When asked how she wanted to celebrate, she decided she wanted to take some friends to a movie instead of having a party. As such, Teag and I braved taking six kids to a movie theater a few days before Maisie's actual birthday.
We went and saw The Adventures of TinTin, and pretty much had the entire theater to ourselves.
Afterwards, we drove through a literal blizzard with snowflakes the size of silver dollars to get home for the rest of our festivities.
Pizza, popcorn, soda, fruit snacks, and cupcakes.

Can't say we sent them home hungry, even if there was little to no nutritional value :). After lunch Maisie opened presents, and we had an impromptu dance/limbo party. I should have taken some pictures of that, but was too busy getting a kick out of watching all their fancy moves.

A few days later, we celebrated Maisie's actual birthday. Soon after school, I packed her up and took her to get her ears pierced. I got mine pierced when I was eight, so I figured that was a good age, and Maisie was very excited, albeit a little nervous. Here is what she chose. Very classy.
This year, Maisie received a camera and an Ipod Nano, both of which she was very thrilled with, and has used daily since she got them.

Happy Birthday to our little Maisie-Bean, eight is a great age!

No comments: