The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Baby Girl Turned Eight Today

I'm not sure when that happened, but it's true.

The past eight years have flown by in an amazing and often fascinating blur. Being a mom has been by far my most favorite form of employment. I've felt as fascinated and humbled as one could possibly feel as I've watched my little one grow and learn and develop, and know that I've had a hand in all of it. I have the most amazing and daunting gift of helping her shape and mold her future, her character, her life. And after these eight years, I find myself deeply grateful for that opportunity.
You were my first, my initiation into parenthood. It was an exhausting, overwhelming, and somewhat surreal day. But it was also one of the best days of my life. We love you Maisie, to the moon and back!

No comments: