The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Family Pictures

The last family pictures we've taken were when Rory was barely a year, so we figured we better get some new ones that included Finn. This turned out to be more difficult that I would have thought, as many things seemed to be working against us. We'd asked Kevin to take the pictures, as we really liked the ones he took four years ago. His schedule is pretty full, but we managed to work something out for this past Sunday. Teag had to fly, but was supposed to be back by four, leaving us plenty of time for outdoor pictures before the sun went down.  The weather was looking good, partly cloudy, but decent temperatures.

What actually happened was Teag's flight was delayed and he didn't get home til 5:30, the weather was all but overcast, and the kids were anything but cooperative. But I was determined! After all the time it took to coordinate outfits, do hair, clean kids, and line up schedules, I wasn't about to bail on it because of some difficult circumstances!

And honestly, I probably would have been better off waiting until another night. Here's one of the rejects.

Finn's crying, Maisie's grin is forced, Dany looks bored, and Rory has no idea we're even taking pictures anymore. But the scenery sure looks good! Thankfully my brother is a pretty talented guy, and was able to get us some good shots. And here they are, for your viewing pleasure.
Adorable Finn, always with his tongue out


I had to include this one, I love her face in this picture

Love these colors, love her pose
Looking older and more mature


Even this family picture isn't perfect as far as everyone's poses, but is actually quite perfect if you look at personalities. Maisie looks a little self conscious, Dany looks like she's about to burst out laughing, Rory is defiantly jutting out a hip, and Finn looks as though he's somewhat ambivalent about being dropped in the middle of this family. But hey, the scenery sure looks good!

Just kidding. In all seriousness, I'm quite pleased with the pictures, I just wish we had a few more decent ones to choose from, where maybe, I don't know, ALL the people are looking at the camera and smiling.

Maybe when they're older :).

No comments: