Ahh, the Alpine Slide. I have such good memories of this place from my childhood. My family used to go with our neighbors every Autumn, and not only did you get an awesome ride down the mountain, you also got to enjoy the beautiful fall foliage. I haven't been since high school, but my mom decided to resurrect that tradition this year, much to my delight :).
This time they have a new ride, well new to us anyway, called the Alpine Coaster. It's very fast and engineered so that you can't come off the track, which is probably a good thing given how tight some of the turns are. Since we had three kids big enough to ride, we had to farm one out to Grandma :).
Maisie rode with me and spent the entire slow ride up telling me how nervous she was. Coasters are not her favorite thing, but I kept telling her to look at it as an adventure, something she was afraid of that she could overcome.
You can theoretically control your own speed with a handbrake, but they also don't want anyone crawling along the track and causing accidents with people behind them. Once we were towed to the top, I told her to hold on, and off we went! It was seriously one of the funnest things I've been on in awhile! Some of those turns you feel as if you're about to fly off the track, the tears streaming out of your eyes the whole time. But it took all of five seconds for Maisie to be screaming in delight along with me, and we both had a blast, as did our other two kids. I could hear Dany in front of us yelling at Grandma to "go faster!", and the first thing Rory said when we got back down is, "That's a fun coast-eh!".
Next up was the Alpine Slide, my old favorite. You ride a ski lift up to the top, a somewhat slow but enjoyable way to start the ride.
As you can see, the lift was Rory-approved :). Once you get to the top, there are four slides to choose from. This time Maisie got to go by herself, and as before, she was rather nervous.
I told her she could control her own speed, which may or may not have been a good thing. Let's just say the ride attendant let me wait an extra long time before we went down, and I still caught up to Maisie before the bottom. Halfway down Rory yelled, "This a fun swide!"
It was a great day; beautiful weather, lots of family, and a lot of fun, but we tuckered out our two littlest with all the excitement.
Everyone agreed it's something we should do next year as well. I can't wait to go back!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I remember going down the Apine Slide with your family when we were young! Great memories!
Post a Comment