The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Blahs

I've had absolutely nothing to blog about for the entire month of January.

January feels like the relative that nobody wants at a party, but we feel obligated to invite anyway. I try to be positive, but it has been a seriously drab month. Teag has been/will be gone for almost half of it, and all to sunny locations like Florida and the Bahamas. I know, we all hate him ;). Because it's been so bitterly, record-breakingly cold, we've mostly been hibernating here at the Bayly house. But I have managed to take a fair few pictures of my two youngest, since they're the ones that are home most of the time. Some of these date back to Christmas even.

The first one is of Rory, taken Christmas Day. It's hard for a three year old to handle all the excitement of a day like Christmas gracefully, but she did a pretty good job. And when it got to be too much, rather than having a meltdown, she just curled up in a back room of Grandma's house, and went to sleep.
This one is also from Christmas Day. Just Finn and Uncle Kevy, chilling on the couch.

A few days before Christmas, Rory and her cousin Owen had a play date together. It's quite impressive how those two can handle technology.

I made this bread for neighbor gifts, after seeing a picture of it on someone's Facebook wall. It was honestly pretty fun to make.

Next up, my mom is quite creative with a crochet hook, and she figured out how to make these adorable little snowman hats to keep all the babies warm.

And here's a closeup of Finn in his.
Finn has his serious moments.
But he also knows how to hang loose.
One thing about Finn that I absolutely adore is that he is a face-toucher. Almost every time I get him up from a nap, he reaches out and grabs hold of my face as if to give me a love. Or sometimes he just places a hand on your cheek. It's sincerely adorable, and something that endears him to everyone he does it to, I think.

Sweet little moments like that help me make it through the gray nastiness that is January.

1 comment:

Catherine Andrews said...

I agree January blah!! I just can't wait for January to end! Cute pictures and cute kids!!