The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More Projects

Because we didn't learn enough last summer to stop us from starting over again with more projects! Just kidding. Pretty much there are always projects of some nature going on around our house. First up is our downstairs bathroom. We were too burned out, and too out of money by the end of our remodel last year to be able to finish it then, but we're finally getting around to it now. I'll refresh your memory as to what it used to look like:
 Hideous, I know. After the contractors were done last year, it looked like this:
Sheet-rocked and plumbed, and that's about it. We're not finished yet, but Teag has been working very steadily on it, and I thought I'd post some updates on his progress.
We chose a pleasant green color for the paint, and this lovely green-tinted tile.
It looks amazing, we're really pleased with it. It is slightly dark in there, due to the fact that ducting and what not didn't allow for more than one can light, but I think once it's finished it will be fine.

Another project we have going on simultaneously is this:
We're pulling out our old, rusting, chain-link fence, and replacing it with a six foot vinyl fence. Partly for aesthetics, partly for privacy, and partly for security. I'll be able to worry less about our kids playing outside when I know they're more secure. Just like all our other projects, this one had a few unexpected snags. Like the fact that whoever buried the poles felt it necessary to do so in three feet of cement.
They didn't want that fence going ANYWHERE. There were also a few very large bushes and their roots to contend with.
That thing came out of this hole.
I'm pretty sure you can see China down there if you look hard enough. The fence goes in beginning to mid part of June, so I'll post some finished pictures then. I can't wait to see it in, I think it will instantly change the look of our whole lot.

These are just our first two summer projects, with many more to come!

No comments: