Lastly, we headed to a Navajo Hogan, where the kids all got to try grinding their own corn.
It's quite a tedious process, I'm grateful we don't have to grind to survive like they did. While grinding away, the clouds rolled back in, and soon a deluge began outside the Hogan. We were about as far away from the buses as could be, so we had to jog back to the parking lot in the pouring rain, getting pretty well soaked in the process.
| Looking like a bunch of drowned rats |
Especially given the fact that school's almost out, I think nothing can get them down these days.
I also finished up my volunteering with the kids reading logs today, so it was a bit bittersweet for me to say farewell to Ms. Richards 3rd grade class after hanging out with them every Monday morning.
4th Grade, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment