Dany and Rory were modern day fighter pilots, and Finny was an old school bomber. Seriously adorable.
| Black and White, for effect |
The kids had a short day, and after they got home we carved up our pumpkins. Dany enjoyed the whole process, and handled a lot of her carving on her own. Her design was one of her own choosing.
Maisie decided to carve a Minion from despicable me, and since Rory was (thankfully) napping, Teag carved her a standard Jack o' Lantern.
I hadn't planned to carve anything, but got a hankering to try my hand after I'd sketched a design for Dany that she ultimately didn't want to use.
I have to say, I was pretty pleased with the result, especially as I did it all freehand. It was fun to see what we could come up with.
We finished up in time to get one more picture of all the kids together in their costumes before heading to Grandma's for her annual Spooky dinner.
Bat wedges:
Snake bread:
Worms:
And bones for dessert:
It's hysterical to see the kids reactions when they see some of this for the first time, especially the worms (grape jello formed in bendy straws). Before we all split off to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood, we got the must-have picture with all the grand-kids together.
As you can see, Katie dressed the triplets as minions, which was ridiculously cute. We had a really great Halloween this year, the kids seemed happy, Finn cooperated, and the weather was perfect. The trick-or-treaters were even more polite than normal. Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment