The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Playing Catch Up

We've been doing so much running, and playing, and planning Youth Conference's and Girls Camps; it's been a heck of a month. Just thought I'd post a few random pics of our goings on.

First up, this picture just makes me smile. Everyone looking at a book. If I could give my kids one gift, it would be a love of reading.
And these are all the thank you cards I got from Maisie's class for volunteering there this year. So sweet and colorful, and the messages were very thoughtful.
The first day after school got out, the kids decided to build a fort in the living room. I usually hate forts, but given the fact that they were all working together and playing nicely, I helped them build a large one. It cracked me up listening to them claim their "territory" inside.
A few days after Finn's birthday, he got a present from Grandma McKinley of two miniature airliners. He loved them so much, he had to sleep with them for his nap that day.
A few days later we went swimming at Aunt Katie's pool. It was quite the eventful afternoon. Finn nearly drowned himself jumping into the big pool by himself. I thank my lucky stars I saw him do it, and that Teag was right there to grab him when he heard me scream. Meanwhile, I was getting baked like a toasted cheeser on the tops of my legs, which hadn't seen the sun in quite some time. The best part is, I managed to somehow put a sunscreen-covered hand directly on my thigh, leaving this lovely tattoo. It's a long story.
For Father's Day, I decided to try something I'd seen online and made this bouquet out of sweet peppers. It was easier than I thought it would be, and the end result was pretty cool.
This picture is just for fun.
The triplets had a birthday later in June, and this is what it looks like to feed five toddlers cupcakes.
The girls and I all had our semi-annual checkups at the dentist, and despite the fact that Rory has been before, she felt nervous having her teeth cleaned. So they let her climb up in a chair with Dany, and the two chilled out together, watching the TV's on the ceiling. Such a good big sister.
And last but not least, here is a picture of us tie-dying some shirts for our 4th of July celebrations a week from now. A new yearly tradition? Maybe! The kids had a lot of fun, and the end results were cool. More on that when I post about our actual 4th of July festivities.
So this is what our life has been the past several weeks. You know you wish it were yours :).

No comments: