Maisie's been talking to us for awhile about getting contacts, but we wanted to make sure she was both old/responsible enough to handle them. Teag and I both felt as though she'd reached a place where that was the case, so we took her to get fitted a few weeks before Christmas, and then the Tuesday following the holiday, they were ready to be picked up. Before they let you leave, they make sure you know how to both put in and take out your lenses, so we spent a fair bit of time working with one of the techs to make that happen. She was very patient, and very good to teach Maisie the ins and outs of contact wear.
Maisie has a fear of touching her eyes, and it took her a bit to get over that enough to be able to stick something in them. I remember from my own time too, that it takes awhile to get used to the sensation of having something in your eye.
She managed to get them both in and out of her eyes fairly quickly for a newbie, and I was pretty impressed with her progress.
And here she is, all glasses free!
She was a good sport, and she's enjoyed having them, other than a few rough days where it took longer to put them in, or she couldn't figure out how to get it out of the corner of her eye. It's been almost three years since I've worn them myself, but I still
remember a lot of the tricks I used to deal with my lenses. Which is good, because I act as Maisie's
back up whenever she has an issue. I'm excited for Maisie to have both clearer vision, and a bit of a physical transformation as well; she looks like a different person without her glasses. Older, I guess, which is a little weird. Contacts are a right of passage, and I'm glad to see she's made it through.
No comments:
Post a Comment