We've been battling with Rory for ages to take better care of her hair, to no avail. She is just not someone who wants to spend a bunch of time brushing, washing, or styling it. Oddly enough though, she was very attached to her long hair, and freaked out every time we mentioned cutting it. She seemed to think that shorter hair made you look younger. After much assurance that that was not the case, and much threatening to do it anyway if she didn't improve her care, she up and decided she wanted a bob.
So, also on Labor Day, this happened. Rory went from this:
To this:
I worried that she'd be a little freaked out or remorseful, but she seemed absolutely delighted, and kept swishing her hair back and forth. I don't think I've heard her say anything to indicate that she's missing her long hair, and it looks very flattering on her. Hopefully she'll learn to take a bit better care of it before it grows long again.
No comments:
Post a Comment