The Baylys had a pretty awesome Autumn. We had a lot of adventures packed into that month! First off, we got to ride the Pumpkin Train.
The kids had a great time dancing in the aisles, eating pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, singing Halloween songs, or just hanging out with their cousins.
Afterwards, we got to pick out our own pumpkins to take home. A little while later, Teag introduced the kids to a tradition he remembered from his own childhood, making ghost cookies.
Nutter Butters dipped in white chocolate, with chocolate chip eyes. I love how precisely they place the eyes too, they were so careful. Even Finn, whose head is barely taller than the counter top.
I must admit I got pretty into Halloween this year myself. It all started with a pirate skeleton from Costco... Luckily, I have a very patient and talented husband who helped me create a box that looked like it came straight out of the 1800's, and a cool sign to warn off anyone thinking of making pirating their future.
We had quite a positive response from our kids and the neighborhood in general, so I think people liked our decorations. And every time I drove up to our house, I'd smile when I saw them. Teag might be slightly worried for next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment