In October, Newman elementary sponsored their annual Walkathon Fundraiser. In the past, I've been involved through the PTA, but this year, I ran with my kids around the school. They were so excited to see me there, and to keep pace with me. Rory especially introduced me to every friend we encountered.
Danyn wanted to make sure she got her picture with the Newman Tiger to commemorate the event.
Shortly thereafter, Finn's Pre-K class participated in the Read for the Record challenge, where all the parents got invited to come read the same book together. I got a chance to see what Finn's day at school looks like.
We got to read, The Bear Ate Your Sandwich, along with people all over the country.
And we got to make our own bear masks, so we could pretend to be the bear.
The kids even got their favorite kind of sandwich, an ice cream sandwich, for a snack. I've always been fairly involved with my kids at the school, but this year with me stepping back from the PTA, I've been less so. It was nice to get a chance to spend time with them in that environment, and to be able to support the people who make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment