The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm short, I get it!

My grandma recently got a poodle, a little black and white fuzz ball named Pepper. The night she was supposed to pick it up Maisie was at her house, visiting while Teag mowed her lawn. My grandma told her she was getting a new dog that night, a poodle, and Maisie asked, "What's a poodle?" Teag answered, "A poodle is a dog that's short, and cute, and has curly hair." (Can you see where this is going?) Maisie then said, "Hmm, that's kinda like Mom!" I suppose if I try hard I can see it as a compliment.

A few days before that Maisie said, completely out of the blue, "Mom, how come you're not big?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Mais: "How come you can't reach me up to the monkey bars at the park?"
Me: "Well, I'm just not very tall I guess."
Mais: (after a moment of thought) "Maybe you should grow."

Alright, now that my self confidence has taken a beating, I think I'll go cry myself to sleep...

3 comments:

Catherine Andrews said...

I feel for you! Us short people have to stick together! There are some advantages to being short, right???

The Bayly's said...

Perhaps someone needs to remind me what they are!

Meg Rogers said...

I loved the story about Maisie comparing you go Pepper. Don't feel bad because Pepper is pretty dog-gone cute. And come on, Ree, why don't you grow. If I can grow out, you can grow up. (That was not a preganancy hint, Sara!)