Lately, I've been doing a lot of round trip runs between exciting Beaver, Utah and Salt Lake. On yesterday's return trip I was extremely bored, so I snapped a few pics. If nothing else, you'll see a different perspective of the inversion. Provo had 3/16 of a mile of visibility yesterday morning! That's foggy!


Smokey Mountains? Los Angeles? Nope, good old SLC with monster high pressure. The first one is looking north from the west shore of Utah Lake. Check out that solid haze layer- you can see the Wasatch Mountains poking up through it to the north. The second one is mid Salt Lake valley over northbound I-15, looking west. I was sad to descend- it was clean and clear above 8,500 feet.


Smokey Mountains? Los Angeles? Nope, good old SLC with monster high pressure. The first one is looking north from the west shore of Utah Lake. Check out that solid haze layer- you can see the Wasatch Mountains poking up through it to the north. The second one is mid Salt Lake valley over northbound I-15, looking west. I was sad to descend- it was clean and clear above 8,500 feet.

T&C's house is down there somewhere! Sorry the composition isn't great. I was flying, taking a picture, talking to air traffic control, and trying not to bust airspace or hit the mountain, all at the same time. Don't worry, I maintained legal, safe distance requirements and didn't break any Federal Aviation Regs!

Thanks for flying with me, and helping me stave off the boredom!
3 comments:
In re-reading the title, I may have inadvertently pulled a Tobias. My apologies. I'm sure T&T and Treg are getting a good kick out of it, though. :)
-Teag
Tobias... you blow hard!
Wow, you flew! You are so brave. I finally posted to my blog. I really need to read yours more often. There's so much you don't tell me in your emails :)
Post a Comment