The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Free Just Got SOOOO Good

This past weekend, Teag and I spent three nights at the Homestead Resort in Heber, UT while Teag assisted with a retreat for his work. Three FREE nights. We also got every meal we ate for free, and a bunch of extra swag, including an Ipod for myself. Pretty freaking sweet.

The only downside, was that Teag ended up working more that weekend than if we'd stayed home, but I got three kid-free days at least. It was fabulous not having to change diapers, brush hair/teeth, prepare meals, or clean up after anyone. I slept in, watched movies, did some writing, and read an entire book in 24 hours. Not too shabby.

We've never stayed at the Homestead before, and one of the things I enjoyed the most was how picturesque it is. I love how the rooms are arranged in quaint little houses. Ours was the one pictured below:
One day when it wasn't raining or snowing, I went for a walk around the grounds and was really quite charmed with the surroundings. They have this fountain that's frozen now and made for a really cool/bizarre ice sculpture thing:
Next to Fanny's Grill, one of the in-house restaurants, they have this little pond full of large goldfish and ducks. Even in the winter time, it was a beautiful little setting. I looked around for a bench nearby to be able to sit and enjoy the scene, but in vain. I did manage to snap a few pictures though.










I'm very grateful for the opportunity to get away, though it did get a bit lonely at times. It was a much needed opportunity to recharge my batteries, and Teag was a really good sport about the whole thing. Thanks again to Treg and Carolyn for watching our kids, you're the best!

1 comment:

Michele said...

That is so nice that you got a fun vacation for free! I have heard the Homestead is really nice. I would love to stay there. I really love the ice fountain thing... it's really pretty.