The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, January 19, 2009

Frosted Mini-Reets


So Teag and I took the girls to Rio Grande for dinner tonight. Taking our kids out to eat is something we rarely attempt, due in part to the extra cost, and also to the memory of Dany getting hysterical every time a certain waiter walked by at Cancun Cafe being fresh in our minds.

Why did we decide to tempt fate by taking the girls to a restaurant? Well, tonight we wanted some tasty Mexican. Or maybe I should say Frosted Mini-Reets wanted Mexican.

I had a craving.


Speaking of hot and spicy, did you know that the daily temperature last summer was above 90 degrees for 61 days between June and August? And 35 of those days it climbed up to 95 degrees?

In my desire to avoid RSV season like the plague it is, I now find myself looking at trimester three falling smack dab at the end of August. Perhaps I should start buying Popsicles now, in addition to diapers.

Yes, Sara, make your assumptions now.

6 comments:

Catherine Andrews said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for you!! I know all about a baby or two in August. It is not fun but somehow we all manage to get through it. Yes buy lots of popsicles, drink lots of water and sit back and enjoy the pool!! Congrats! I hope it is twins!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRISTENSEN said...

Congrats!!! I am sure there is another Sara you were making reference to in your entry...but, it caught me off guard. Funny! Baby #3. That is so great!

The Bayly's said...

Oh Catherine, you know how much I admire you, but don't wish twins on me! Please!

Michele said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I especially love the nickname for the baby "Mini-Reets." So cute!

Peggy said...

Congratualtions!!! Guess you should know that someone here thought Jan would already know and congratualted her...now she knows!!! Then we let her read your blog. She's so excited and yelled...that's number 18!

Sarah said...

August babies are great! Maybe this one will be a boy. Those kinds of babies are great, too! I'm happy for you.