First, I found Maisie and Dany entertaining themselves with a hamper. They took turns climbing in and Maisie would push her sister around in it. A hamper!
Just a few days later I was mopping the floor, and the kitchen chairs became a train that took them on all sorts of adventures.
And last but not least, Teag and I bought a new recliner on Friday night, a recliner which came in a very big box. I don't know anyone who didn't play in a cardboard box house when they were little, the allure and majesty of such nearly irresistible to a creative adolescent mind. Saturday night we had most of the cousins over at our house, and the box was given a door and windows, as well as some interior and exterior color.
Since Dany's illness, we've been keeping her home a lot, especially from places like the grocery store or church, where the odds are higher for her to pick up more germs. Teag left Sunday morning to take Maisie to church, and Dany spent a solid 45 minutes in the little house by herself, requesting her cereal and cup of milk to be eaten there, as well as a cozy blanket. For those of you who know Dany, her spending 45 consecutive minutes on ANYTHING is shocking. Not much holds her attention for that long.
It's so fun to watch these two get creative with this stuff. Their imaginations just go crazy with the challenge. It almost makes me wish I was still part of that secret "kid world", where nearly anything could be transformed into a fort, flower petals and dirt made secret potions, and secret treasures were certain to be found in any backyard.
Almost.
No comments:
Post a Comment