Yep. I was 100% certain that this one was a boy, it just felt right. Ha, well, refer to the title of this post.
And because I was so certain, I have no girl name ideas, haven't even considered any. I think I'm a little bit dazed by this frankly. In about 10 years we're going to have to buy stock in Tampax, and can you picture the raging hormones that will be churning through this 1400 square feet? Yikes! I mean, I grew up with four brothers, not a single sister to be found. I was a tomboy myself. I got along better with boys because I seemed to understand them better, and girls were often just plain mean and catty. And now, while everyone I know is having boys, I seem to be single-handedly populating the ward with future Young Women. I think I need to take a deep breath.
On the other hand, little baby girls really are sweet. I already have a boatload of girl clothes. And blankets. And shoes. And nearly every Disney Princess movie. That's got to count for something.
As shocked as I was to hear the news, I was still amazed to see the pictures of our little one at the ultrasound today. My mom never had, nor seen an ultrasound, so we invited her to come along, too. I wonder if she was as surprised as I was. So this is our little, as yet unnamed daughter:

This next one is an almost full body picture. Her head is on the left with her two arms up by her face, and her two legs below that, with the cord running through the middle.

This shot should have clued me in that she was a girl, and a good one at that. Can you see her little crossed ankles on the left? They make up the big X on the left, with the top of her head on the right.

And last of all, I like this picture, just because everyone loves baby feet. More so when they're out of the womb, but still, imagine how tiny they must be right now, since she only weighs 13 ounces total.

Sigh... I don't know how to braid hair.
12 comments:
Good work! 3 girls? You may not always believe it, but they will be the best of friends when they are all grown up.
Funny that everyone you know is having boys - everyone I know (including you and me) is having girls :) Congrats on another! Her big sisters are going to love taking care of her!
You make the most darling girls, though! Maybe one day Teag will have a mini-me, but I'm excited to see the pics. She's just going to be adorable!
Congrats!!! 2 girls is going to be something but 3 gilrs, I can't imagine! Remember all those times that I wanted to do your hair!!!! It's all coming full circle! Love ya lots!
Congrats Kerri, I can't believe it- another girl. I thought a boy too so don't feel too bad on your instincts. Mine are horrible too! Love ya and if you need help with names I have some great one's since I won't have any girls.
Sorry I forgot to list it was me on the last comment- Love ya, Dena
Well I am so excited for you and to finally be able to pick something up and know which colors are ok to buy! Kerri.. you just make cute, smart, beautiful girls and that is your curse.
And next time I get out there we will have a braiding hair training session.. its easy so no worries! We are really stoked for you guys!
Congrats! Another baby girl. I am so excited for you guys! I bet your girls are excited for a baby girl, aren't they?
I love the last comment "I don't know how to braid hair." So cute!
Having just returned from a trip with my mom and sisters, you should be stoked to have all those girls. We are so close and I would NEVER trade the relationship that I have with them. It's the best ever. Plus, if you never have any boys, you won't have to worry about those pesky daugthers-in-law! haha!
Happy for you and your seriously cute, girl-filled family!
Oh my gosh - three girls. I am soo excited for you. I would have loved to have more sisters growing up. I too grew up with the "bosy" and was quite a tomboy . . . bit yeah for girls! PS, I can teach you how to braid, reagular, french, reverse french, etc. :)
Congratulations! If you go for number four maybe it will be a boy!
Post a Comment