I have a lot of fun things to blog about- the 4th of July, mine and Teag's great trip to Denver- but Teag has squirreled away the camera in his flight bag, so I have no pictures to download. So... until I can manage to retrieve said camera, I'd just like to put out this plea to the universe... please let our family stay out of the hospital, other than for the birth of our daughter, for a good long while! We've spent enough time there this year, and I'm more than ready for a break.
We started out 2009 with a four day stay at Primary's, when Dany contracted MPNV. Two months later, we were back at Primary's in their ER, making sure Maisie was okay after being backed into by a car. That's one visual I'm praying I never have to see again. Then three months later (and 34 weeks pregnant), I get into a car accident with a motorcycle, and spend 7 hours in the hospital being monitored, because I started to have regular contractions that didn't want to ease up on their own. Thankfully me, the baby, and the gentleman on the motorcycle are all doing well. I have a wonderful family that jumped in and fed/bathed/cared for my kids throughout every emergency, as well as many offers for dinner, extra babysitting, etc. I feel amazingly loved and taken care of, knowing that I have such great people to rely on.
Now I'm just hoping that I can give some of this back instead of constantly being the recipient of it. I'd like to enjoy a little peace and quiet for the next year at least, if possible. As far as the hospital goes anyway. I'm glad it's there when you need it, but I'm praying there will be no need for a very, very long time, barring labor and delivery :)
2 comments:
Yikes! That is so scary. I had a crappy experience with a pregnant car accident too. No good!!! Didn't you know you are supposed to just sit at home and do NOTHING when you are pregnant?
I am glad that you are doing ok. That sounds scary! We will think good thoughts your way!
Post a Comment