The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thumbsucker

We've never had a thumbsucker before.  Maisie used to suck on her two middle fingers, but she grew out of that quickly.  Both of our older girls have been big fans of the "plug".  But not Little Miss Rory.  She's been trying to get that thumb in her mouth from day 1.  Now that she's older, and finally has a little more coordination, she's able to get it there with much more success and frequency.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  After all, you can't take away a thumb.  Our little niece actually has a callous from sucking her thumb.  On the other hand, you don't have to worry about forgetting it, or dropping it on the floor.  I don't know, pluses and minuses I guess.

Now here's a picture just for fun:

The Hair Club for Babies.


1 comment:

Jen and Brent said...

SO cute! She is really adorable. Maddy sucks on her fingers all the time. Thumbs, middle two fingers, whatever fingers she can get in her mouth! She also like the binky too.