She also very much wanted a Hermione action figure which, maddeningly enough, are very hard to find. She's one of the three main Harry Potter characters, so you'd think it would be easy... but no. I did end up getting that from Ebay, and it was shipped from England. How authentic :).
Oh well, she was quite excited by it, and that's all that matters. She also got the last two books in the Leven Thumps series from Grandma and Grandpa Rogers.One thing I was excited about was the cake. I found a lady who will print edible frosting sheets with all kinds of images, and you can add your own short message to it.
I love that our message is written in the same "lightning" font that Harry Potter is written in. So fun. Maisie was quite impressed, and it was hard not to take credit for it myself.
Unfortunately, one of her presents didn't arrive in time for her birthday, as it was being shipped from China. I guess it extends the anticipation a little longer. She also got several other presents and cards from friends and family, and felt very well loved on her special day. We had a fun time celebrating with her, and can't wait to see who'll she become this next year. Love you, Maisie!
No comments:
Post a Comment