A few days ago I put Rory in her crib for a time out when she was being naughty. I shut the door behind me and walked out, planning to return in a few minutes after she'd "learned her lesson". A minute or two later, while walking past her bedroom, I hear "Mama, help! Help Mama!" I figured she just wanted to get out of her punishment so I waited a bit longer to go rescue her, only to find this:
Yep.
I'm not even sure how she managed it, frankly. My other two kids have levered themselves out of their cribs when they were little, usually landing with a painful thump, and the parental certainty that it was now time to move them into a big-kid bed. But this? How did she get herself both up and over, and once she did, why has she not chosen to repeat this impressive feat?
This kid seems to have an affinity for high surfaces, and is completely at ease on them.
I blame her dad, who used to climb the clothes in his parents closets to reach the top shelf as a toddler. And yes, she's sitting right next to the knife block.
No comments:
Post a Comment