The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Guadalajara

Flew the boss down to sunny Guadalajara, Mexico a couple of days ago. Hopped on a double decker open-top bus for a tour of the city for 95 Pesos (abt $8 USD). I saw downtown Guadalajara, and Tlaquepaque.  I wanted to see nearby Zapopan as well, but the bus would've brought me home after dark, and I didn't want to be out by myself at night. I enjoyed the beautiful architecture and 85 degree weather. Unfortunately, since my pasty skin hadn't seen the real sun for 4 months, I got a bit burned. Still totally worth it!

One of many cathedrals
At the Teatro Degollado
Teatro Degollado
Simply "Catedral" in Downtown Guadalajara. The picture doesn't do it justice!
Catedral

In the plaza of the Teatro, I saw a guy selling rubberband-powered butterfly gliders. They flapped their wings and were great little fliers! I got 3 for the girls back home. Pretty fun little toys, but hard to film in action. Check out the video you're curious:


No comments: