We celebrated Teag's 31st birthday on Monday! This year we kept things kind of low-key, and it was actually really nice. Teag had nowhere he had to be that day, so we got to hang out and do whatever he wanted.
The Friday before the two of us had gone out for a special dinner and night on the town, so we decided to hang out with the whole family the day of. I made him one of his favorite breakfasts that morning, pumpkin muffins, and for lunch we picked up what has come to be one of his birthday traditions, a big Grove Market sandwich. For any of you who don't know what that is, these sandwiches are seriously huge. One of them will feed both of us, and I usually can't finish my portion. But they're very tasty :). When Maisie got home from school, and the other girls woke up from naps, Teag opened up all his presents.
You can tell he had a lot of help. I think with Maisie, Dany, and Teag's birthday's so close together, poor little Rory keeps waiting for when it's going to be her turn. But she's been a pretty good sport about it, as long as you make sure she gets some cake.
After Teag's birthday dinner of choice of broccoli and beef, we lit up the candles, and he made his birthday wish.
There is something to be said for having such a laid back day, especially given the fact that he's been gone on his birthday before. It was really nice to be able to spend some good, quality time together. Happy Birthday Beagle! You are truly one of the best men I know, and I am sincerely grateful to be married to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment