The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, May 7, 2012

Update

It's my goal to post updates on how our remodel is going, complete with as many pictures as I can take. This is a big deal for us, and I want to document our progress :).

First of all, the shed. It is all but completed, and held an incredible amount of stuff from out of our basement. So despite all that hassle, purpose served. I think it looks fantastic, and I'm immensely pleased with it now that it's done.
Next, our basement. Shortly after my first post, the demo crew showed up and made quick work of all the extraneous walls, ceilings, doors, etc, and we are now left with this.
Old Family Room

Old Utility Room; this part wasn't even visible before demo

Old bathroom and kids room
We've had many very loud days around here, but Rory has done surprisingly well napping through it. We've met with contractors and plumbers, and HVAC guys, and concrete cutters, and as of tomorrow, stuff should actually start going back in, which will be nice. Both Teag and I have commented on how surprised we are that the space seems smaller with all the walls torn down, but I'm guessing that's just because it seems so much darker down there. Not exactly a place you want to spend any time at the moment.

And as for my own personal project, I'm pleased to say that after a little scare today, Bilbo is doing just fine.
I am now 36 weeks, and have so far only gained 12 pounds. In the two weeks between my last appointment and today, I gained all of four ounces. As such my doctor was worried that my placenta might be failing, and ordered another ultrasound. Needless to say, Teag and I were quite concerned, but I was extremely relieved when they were able to get me in today. If the placenta was failing, we were talking stress tests, monitoring, and possibly an earlier than looked for delivery. Thankfully, he's measuring exactly as he should, so I guess it's just me that's not gaining weight. Obviously this isn't my first rodeo, and I've never had a problem like this before, so I don't really know what to make of it. I just pray it doesn't cause me any future complications.

We've got many crazy weeks ahead of us with all of these things going on, but I'm glad when we're able to start checking things off the list. Soon the girls will be out of school, and we need to get Dany registered for Kindergarten. We've got the baby coming, and the remodel-in-progress. We need to plant our garden, and re-shingle our roof. And all in between our regular life and commitments. So much to do, so much to do, and so few weeks to do it.

I can't wait.

No comments: