The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Heavens Have Parted, the Angels are Singing, and All Nasty, Evil Contractors Have Gone Back to Their Holes

Yes, I know that's a long title, but it's exactly how I feel right now. It's done! The basement is done! Of course there are a few touch ups and things, and we still have to move all of our stuff back downstairs, but it is done! I wanted to post a few pictures of it furniture-free, because this is probably the nicest/cleanest it's ever going to look.

So, for your viewing pleasure, the new and improved Bayly Basement:
Doesn't this picture heighten the anticipation?
New Room (may or may not be Maisie's; we've had issues)

Old Room, Redone

West Facing View of Living Room

East Facing View of Living Room
We are so incredibly pleased with the carpet, and how it looks. It is a lighter color, and I hope we won't regret this fact, but it matches so well and feels so soft it's hard to worry about that right now :). I'll post the actual "Finished" pictures later, once we get the girls rooms put together and our living room organized. Sadly, our new couch won't be delivered for 4-6 weeks, so we may just be hanging out on our extra soft carpet for the next month.

Hurray for finished basements!

1 comment:

Catherine Andrews said...

That looks great! I am so happy for you!