The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

This past week we've been filling the kids up with Christmas activities. Gotta make those magic memories! First up, with what has unwittingly become a tradition in our home, we made our annual gingerbread house.
I let Teag supervise this year, because it gives me too much anxiety. My artistic nature cringes when things aren't equally balanced and as close to perfect as possible. Completely missing the point, I know.

But I must admit, our kids did a really fantastic job! I think our house looks amazing, and I was so proud of how well they shared and took turns.
Adorable! Now we just need to make sure we can keep their little fingers off it until Christmas.

Next up, after seeing some ridiculously amazing pictures friends had taken of their kids with Santa, I caved and scheduled some with our kids for the first time ever. I'm not normally into this kind of thing, but I LOVE the results!
I know these pictures are something I'll treasure for many years to come.

And today we went to see the lights on Temple Square. I don't think Teag and I have ever taken our kids (lame, I know), and we decided to brave the crowds, and introduce them to the magic.
The crowds weren't too terrible on the actual Square, but downtown in general was packed with holiday shoppers and concert goers. Still, the kids seemed to really enjoy it, and after we were done we enjoyed some hot chocolate and sugar cookies from Kneaders.

Finn seems to be enjoying his first Christmas season, and is taking all the craziness in stride.
So many fun things to enjoy this time of year! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: