Things started out nice enough, we all went to dinner, and hung out waiting for the show to start. Got a couple of nice pictures.
| Still happy |
| The Ladies, including Katie's sister Kelsi |
| Kev & Meg |
| Teag and Steve in front of the "unsafe" stage |
Then suddenly, in the midst of a new song that by all appearances seemed to be pretty amazing, a bunch of roadies started bailing off the stage they'd been dismantling. The song ended, and the same stage guy announced that due to weather and "unsafe conditions", the show would be cancelled. They'd played roughly 4 1/2 songs; just enough to not refund our money. It ended up being a serious disappointment. I was really enjoying myself once they actually started playing.
According to Kevin, an experience doesn't have to be a good one for it to be an adventure, but I think I prefer adventures with happy endings. Who wants to go to all the work, but get none of the payoff? At the very least, I got a cool T-shirt, and a date night with my husband. I'll take it.
*UPDATE: A few days after the concert, we received an email from the Lumineers informing us that after fighting with the concert promoters, we would be issued a refund from the band itself. Very classy move, especially given the circumstances. While we may never go to a concert at Saltair again, we'll definitely attend another Lumineers concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment