I've been a bad blogger lately, but that's what tends to happen when you spend a week plus feeling like death warmed over. Good times. And now, to avoid a picture heavy post, I'm going to split up Christmas and Christmas Eve into two different posts.
First off, we spent the morning of Christmas Eve with the Bayly's, eating soup, and treats and just chilling. We've done this for years now, and I love spending that time together. It's never rushed or hectic, Treg and Carolyn have plenty of cozy places for people to sit, and lots to entertain the kids. It feel very relaxed, and both Teag and I and our kids really look forward to this part of the day. We never do get any pictures, however, because I never think to take pictures of us all sitting around and talking. I should though.
After that, we went home, had some naps and dinner, and opened up our Christmas jammies.
It's hard to see it, but the picture on the front is a yawning moose with the caption "Almoose Asleep". After we were all changed, we had a surprise visit from Santa! He brought everyone, including Teag and I, a few extra toys and treats, and reminded the girls to brush their teeth before they went to bed that night. Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Rogers house for our Christmas Eve shindig. Unfortunately, the special event this year was an adorable song with the kids all playing parts of the manger scene, but it was nearly five minutes long and won't load here. So here's a few pictures of the evening.
After we filled up on cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, we were off home again to get everyone ready for bed. The kids were able to get one last thing from their advent tree, which turned out to be a battery to light their Christmas tree!
Surprising how much light that small strand could produce. They were all very excited about this, and I think it made going to bed exciting rather than a fight, which is always a good thing for parents. Read on to find out more about Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment